Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another quote for the books...


As Winston Churchill once said- "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm."

Well, howdy...is this ringing clear with my recent turn of craft shows. The sales have been lagging and the people attending events is dismal. As this is my first year in this little venture of doll making, I am trying not to take it to heart and to keep on chugging! I figure, if I have the desire to make something work and the willpower to keep trying...it will eventually work out.

I do have faith in the "green" movement and really think my eco-dolls are a step in the right direction. Guess it is a matter of finding my audience. I think I may have to bust out a copy of "The Little Engine That Could" and read and re-read! :)

3 comments:

BeanPickleSprout said...

I just received an invite to a Elementary School Bazaar on Nov. 15....$20 fee - still thinking about it but I might be more inclined if I had someone to keep me company. What do you say?

KittenBritches said...

Well poop! I would have loved to do that with you but I am at Palmer High School that weekend at a show. If you interested in sharing a booth that Sunday, the
16th, the soap gals couldn't make it. No pressure- I was planning on the fact i would be solo. I believe it too was 20 bucks for the day. Smoochies!

Colorado Knitter said...

My sales have been way down to.